Friday, June 14, 2013

Translation Cooking Quotes

Tonight some of my translation students came over to cook for me.  It was awesome.  There were also some awesome quotes.

Tempestt gave our one student, Will, a poster, and he was bragging over it: Will: "My precious....." 
Tuzki:  "Precious?" 
Larry:  "压力!!" (pressure)
all of us:  "NO!"
Will:  "Oh no, you're his oral English teacher, he's such a bad student... you must be very ashamed of him."
me:  "Larry, you... just failed the class."

Quinton:  "Hey, Hannah, I have a question for you!  What year did you study at XiaDa?"
me:  "Quinton, you should save that question for Monday [in our last class], because that is basically the same as asking me how old I am."
Quinton:  "Oh.  Hahaha.  Well, on Monday, I am going to ask you much more sharp questions."
me:  "Like...."
Quinton:  "Like, when are you planning to get married?  What about children?"
Tuzki:  "Do you have a boyfriend?"
me:  "That would probably be the better question to start with."

No comments:

Post a Comment