Wednesday, June 26, 2013

ALL THE TRANSITION!!!

My team has left China; most of them are back in America.

My mom is in China.  (Crazy, right?  She is very bold to come here... and then to entrust herself to me...  I think she will be able to say, "Sorry to bug you, but can you tell me where this is?" in Chinese before she leaves, since I spend a lot of time being lost and asking for directions.)

I am very excited to leave Beijing (which is crowded, expensive, and dirty) and go back to Changchun (my home!!)

Two random notes:

1)  The headline didn't say, "Tibetian carpet explosion opens in Xinjiang," it said "Tibetian carpet exposition opens in Xinjiang," which makes way more sense.  I had an awesome mental image of a carpet explosion though.  Very colorful.

2)  Often in China, when guys (at least the college-aged ones that I've interacted with) drastically change their hairstyle, it means that something big is going on in their life.  Such as, they just broke up with their girlfriend. Or they have made a new resolution and the haircut is to remind them of that.  Anyway, it has happened with enough regularity that when a guy I'm friends with suddenly gets a new haircut, I generally ask him what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment