Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Finals thus far

Stories from finals so far:


Victory: "I want to be a daughter."

me: "A daughter?"

Victory: "Dui, yeah, a daughter."

me: "...."

Victory: "I want to be a daughter!!"

me: "Victory! You already are a daughter!"

Victory: "...a DOCTOR!!!!"


"My mother told me that studying is not the only way to success, but maybe it is the most reliable way."


"In the global warming, English is very important..." (I'm pretty certain that she meant to say globalization.)


The student – a very quiet girl – who came in wearing a t-shirt that said, Drink Drank Drunk.


me: "Hey Alex, how are you?"

Alex: "I'm going fine."

me: "Um... what?"

Alex: "I'm going fine."

me: "Alex... I don't think you can say that. That doesn't really make sense."

Alex: "Oh? Oh. I'm good."


in answer to a question about the biggest change in college: "Before, in the high school, we were like brothers and sisters. But now, everyone just wants to take care of themselves and get the best thing for their own."


student: "In some circulations..."

me: "Circumstances?"


Carter: introducing Roger and messes up his name

Roger: punches Carter in the stomach


Those are my students.


Random-ish note:  Please keep Wisdom in mind.  I'm not sure what's going on in his heart, but there seems to be a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment