Saturday, June 8, 2013

Say What?

My friend Simon and I haven't seen much of each other recently, so yesterday when our paths crossed we stopped to chat, him with his huge professional camera and me with my bag full of a computer and finals-related stuff.

It was a pretty normal conversation for about the first three minutes and then, out of nowhere (as far as I could tell), Simon said, "Hannah, you're thinner."

I did something like stare at him looking befuddled.

"Your face," he clarified. "Are you tired? Are you stressed about something?"

"Um, it is finals, so I'm pretty busy..." I said, still at a loss.

He remonstrated me that I should get rest, we said goodbye, and he chased after his buddy with another camera.

And me? I called Danielle to warn her that apparently one of her students still hasn't quite gotten the hang of a normal topic of conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment