Thursday, June 6, 2013

Finals

I was a little bit wary when Victor began the video project that his group had made for their final exam, because it said, "This video is not only for our homework, but also for a memory," because I was afraid that it was going to be something sweet and sappy and awesome that would make me cry.

But then it was the five of them, Victor and Andy and Banana and Cherry and Only, giving a tour of our gym on campus.  So I relaxed.  And thought, That's kind of funny that they think I will have fond memories of the gym.

And then about two minutes from the end, the music started.

And the text on the screen said, This has been your home for a while too...

And I could feel myself starting to cry THEN.

And since the last two minutes were the five of them all saying goodbye, I just cried more.

But I was also laughing, because I love them and it seems a little silly to sob about saying goodbye to kids who I'm still in the same room as and we still have one more class together, and their goodbyes were typically incredibly dramatic and over the top.  (Banana, when given the question "Who would you want to be stuck on a desert island with?" for her impromptu speech last semester, said her oral English teacher.  And I should have seen it coming.)  

So there I am, crying and not really able to stop, and also cracking up, which made it sound like I was crying way, way harder than I was.  

Victor, who was sitting right in front of me:  "Don't cry!  Hannah, don't cry!!"

Cherry:  *bopping Banana to tell her that their video was making me cry*

Banana:  *turning around to look at me*

Will, who was sitting next to me:  *clueless*  *finally gets a pack of tissues*

me:  *feeling very un-teachery*

Why do I get the feeling this is probably going to be my life for the next... two weeks... or month...

aaaaaiya.

No comments:

Post a Comment