Thursday, June 20, 2013

At last, in a backpack...

It's strange that I'm basically packed.  Maybe because I still have two classes to teach tomorrow morning, but we are leaving tomorrow evening, it hasn't really sunk in yet...

But everything is off of my walls except my schedule for today, which I scribbled in the kitchen, the word surrender in my living room, pilgrim in my bedroom, rest is a weapon against the oppression of man's obsession to control things on my bedroom door, and the notecard on my living room door:  and I will love with urgency, but not with haste.

It's weird.  It seems like I've been here forever but it also seems like yesterday that I got here.  It's weird saying goodbyes to my students, knowing that I won't be seeing them in class any more, but also knowing that I'm going to be back on campus for about a week and a half more with my mom...

It's weird that I'm going to see her soon, and also Jill in less than a month.  ^_^  

It's weird to think, We are out of time; Mel and I won't cook more experimental dinners together; we won't plan more lessons.  There are students I won't run into in the next week and a half and then I will still leave.

I know that more doors will open, but right now...

Right now it just feels like too many goodbyes.

1 comment:

  1. how Hannah that you have left words up to preach to yourself. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete