Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Deep Waters

Some interaction with one of my students this morning has made me think of Prov 20:5, how the purpose in a man's heart is like deep water.  There's a lot that goes on in their hearts that I don't understand at all.  

Here's how it started:  I posted a picture of my very messy room, which is messy because of all the stuff I need to pack.  He and one of his classmates both started commenting on it, which somehow devolved extremely rapidly into him swearing at her in Chinese.  

I told him to quit being so rude, in English or in Chinese, and he said not to worry, they were just playing around.  Which may or may not have been true, but I still didn't like it, so I sent him a message and told him that whether she was okay with it or not, his attitude was bad for his heart.  So then we talked for a minute or two about maturity.  He could be a great leader, but he doesn't take responsibility very seriously.  

And now his status says, "Faced enough leaving, kind of gloomy, and also fair you well since never meet again."

...I have no idea what is going on in his heart...
...or really any of theirs...

1 comment: