Wednesday, April 3, 2013

text messages

Snapshots of my life from my phone.

SOS!  jonathan said no break time today!
[from one of his students; this totally messed up our plan for pulling an April Fool's joke on him.]

we were so happy this eveing, thank you and Tempestt.  I hope to visit your apartment Again.  Linda
[from one of the 30+ students who jammed into an apartment for an Easter party/games night]

That is UNBELIEVABLY amazing!!!!!  "Coincidental" surprise specially planned for Easter!
[from a brother who was not thrilled that it was snowing here on Easter... and then we talked about Is 1:18]

Oh oh I know teacher sank you sank you
[from Emily (another teacher), after we were talking about the fact that /s/ and /th/ is a significant pair in English... something that our students know but have a lot of difficulty with.]

Send me a message when you get there and on the train safely.  Call if you have any trouble.
[from a friend in QHD, since Mel and I were leaving quite late... it was just super thoughtful.]

Notice:  Dear Ms. Hannah, tomorrow evening there will be a mysterious package to your apartment.  (Contain Phoenix. Iris. Donna. Vicky. Kiro. Ashely.)  Massage (sic) passed by deliverywoman Phoenix.  AHAAAAAAAA...
[Phoenix got points for the most creative RSVP-ing.]

Oh no!  time to buy a new one...?
[Mel, after I texted her to tell her about what happened in class this morning... possibly one of my worst in-class ideas ever.  One of the vocabulary terms was "heavy sleeper."  To demonstrate, I decided to drop my water bottle.  I mean, it's a Camelbak waterbottle that I've had since my freshman year of college and has been through many miles of adventures and many falls and served me faithfully.  It cracked and water went everywhere... much to the amusement of both me and my students.  But yeah... time to buy a new one.]

No comments:

Post a Comment