Monday, April 15, 2013

Random Stories

Story #1:

One of my office mates was asking me if we use honey in America.  Several of the women in my office have a large container of honey on their desks to sweeten drinks with.  I said Yes, we also use it in drinks, and then added that we also spread it on bread.

I don't think I've ever seen a Chinese person looked so shocked by anything that I said.  She was caught between gasping, laughing, asking me if that was really true, and declaring that she was going to try it.

Glad to be such a horizon-broadening person...

Story #2:

It was three hours after class when I thought to myself, Maybe Charles playing with a butterfly knife in class should have concerned me a little more.

I mean, I told him to put it away because it was being distracting and he kept dropping it, and I was afraid that he was going to slice his own hand open...

But that was it.

However, I decided that if he is messing around with it in class next week, I'm going to confiscate it.

"You don't have authority to do that," Bridge protested when I asked her if students were allowed to have knives like that.

I'm pretty sure that if I can take cellphones away, I can also take butterfly knives...

No comments:

Post a Comment