Wednesday, October 3, 2012

You never know what you'll find in there...

Background for this story:  Sometimes I wonder if I'm going crazy.  Especially every time I go into the Resource Library.  This is a wonderful place (we've been known to call it magical) that, in addition to things that other teams left behind for us to have, is where books and movies are stored.  And also various things that we can use, such as sports equipment and old lesson plans.  It's a great place.

But every time I walk in there, it seems like my brain switches off.

Usually it's simple things, like almost forgetting to turn a light off or to pick up some of the books that I meant to take with me. 

~ End background, begin story~

Yesterday, Kelsey and Tempestt and I cooked together.  We had some leftover chicken and I was going to cook it this morning. 

I opened my fridge.  No chicken. 

I must have put it in my freezer, I thought, a little annoyed as that meant that it would be frozen.  I opened the freezer.  Not there, either. 

At that point, it just didn't make sense.  If I had set the chicken down somewhere else in my apartment, I would have seen it and realized that it needed to go in the fridge.  And it's not like it's far from Kelsey's apartment to mine, so I could not figure out how I had managed to lose a container of chicken and the bowl that it had been in! 

Suddenly, it hit me.  I had stopped by the Resource Library to return some books.

You've got to be kidding, I thought.  Surely I didn't...

But I went over there to check.

And sure enough, I had.

There sat my abandoned container of chicken and the bowl... right where I had set them down on the table in the center of the room while I reshelved my books.

Sigh.

I did not eat the chicken, in case you're wondering.  I decided that eating meat that sat out overnight was probably not an adventurous decision that I needed to make.  I'm hoping that my subconscious doesn't decide to forget something more important in there next time, because I can only imagine what would be more ridiculous to leave. 

1 comment: