Sunday, May 12, 2013

"Is this my life right now?"

Sometimes it's the small things.

Mel and I had just gotten back to our apartments after walking around campus, talking with the Father and each other about a lot of things that are on our hearts.... you know, like students.

My keys were not in my pocket, nor were they attached to my wallet, nor were they in my bag.  

I was not thrilled.

The idea of my keys being "somewhere on campus" was not exactly my favorite idea ever.

"Try my key," Mel said, holding it out to me.  We've tried it before.  It would be convenient if our keys worked in each other's locks.  They don't.  

Mostly because I didn't feel like arguing and because I was being preoccupied with trying not to be annoyed, I stuck her key in my lock.

And the door opened as smoothly as it ever does with my own key.

I don't think that my face has looked so shocked since acupunture worked on Josh's ankle when we were in Xiamen.  Mel looked stunned too.  "I'm just gonna set my stuff down upstairs... and I'll be back..." she said.  I walked into my apartment and realized that Danielle had borrowed my key earlier and I hadn't reclaimed it.  

I called Danielle, who had actually left it in my apartment... which was perfect.  

Then when Mel came back down, we tried her key again...

And of course, it didn't work.

Which is where I decided that it was appropriate to quote Depreena:  "Is this my life right now?"  Southern drawl and all.  

:)

1 comment: