Monday, September 3, 2012

Ya Don't Say...

Today I taught my first class.

It wasn't bad.  It wasn't the greatest class that has ever been taught, and there is plenty of space for me to grow, but I didn't want to leave the room in tears either, so... I'm okay with that.

There are the average English names that aren't quite so average... you know, things like Blue Ice.  :)

I think my favorite moment of the day came a few minutes after class ended and I was walking back towards my office.  I had passed a few students in the hallway and I could hear them talking behind me.

"That's the foreign teacher!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, she's the foreign teacher!"
"You're probably right."

I turned around and said, "Yep, I'm the foreign teacher."  (I didn't add, and I'm not deaf!)  They laughed. 

I'm still working on getting used to the new position, the responsibilities...

I'm the foreign teacher.

1 comment: