Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Random shots of my day

 A classroom at break time.  Don't you wish US students were this awake in their 8 am classes?


Two of my students who I talked into posing.
.I said that my family (and friends) would want to see them.  :)  
Okay, so the guy behind them does not look quite so awake... 
But that is what the break in the middle of double-period classes is for.


He was being a ham and then telling me not to take his picture.  Yeah right.
For the first week, I didn't have to take anything away from him.
And I think he voluntarily spoke to me in English.
China changes every day!


More students... I actually don't remember any of their names.  Shame on me.


 Students in my Wednesday before-lunch Translation class.
I really like this class.  They're energetic and funny and cheerful.


So there are these great motivational posters all over the hallway around my office.
This one says, "Enumerating accomplishments during a performance appraisal is savvy;
dosing so during a social engagement is boorish."
Captain Jack Sparrow, anyone?


Unedited picture of campus on the walk back from my office to my dorm this afternoon.


There's guys working up on the roof.  I took a picture.
Other guys on the roof were watching me.  I waved at them.
They waved back.
This is how China is:  they watch the foreigner.  I watch them.
Usually, it's a great arrangement.  Everyone is entertained.


And this is where I am now.  On my super colorful couch.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment