Sunday, March 24, 2013

What to say...

It was quite a weekend.

There are no shortage of stories, everything from an impromptu English Corner in one of the sketchiest train stations I've ever been in to the most awesome ticket collector I've had the pleasure of being served by.  

It made me feel like an adult... and like a real teacher... to be able to travel during the weekend and go see friends in another city.

It was great to get out of my own city, off of my own campus, for a day and a half.

It was a very China-ish weekend too, full of very little in the way of plans and things somehow working out and a lot of everyone getting to meet friends of friends and eating.  

It makes me appreciate my team a lot more, too, to find that after being gone for such a short period of time I was still super excited to get back and see them.  (And super props to Mel for going along with me to hang out with people who she didn't have much connection with!)

It was fun to feel like I was in the middle of the group, older than the CSP students and able to remember my experiences with what they're going through now; younger than the two men who have spent more time in China.  

There were plenty of challenges and things to think about, plenty of laughter and new memories as well as retelling of old stories.

It was a good weekend.  And now it's time to launch into week 4 and looking towards Easter.  

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment