Thursday, January 17, 2013

Top artists playlist

Sometimes I turn on music and it's not really what I wanted to listen to.  

Which is why I love being able to hit a button and just listen to my top songs.  Because there is usually a reason I love them and have listened to them a lot.  

So here are my three tops lists.

From summer 2011 - summer 2012

(By sheer numbers, first place should go to Jing Ye Si, which is a famous Chinese poem, which I listened to over 300 times because I had to memorize it.  Yeah.)
1.  Heather Dale
2.  Josh Garrels
3.   Van Canto 
4.  Lifehouse 
5.  Jillian Edwards
6.  Vienna Teng
7.  JJ Heller
8.  Mumford & Sons
9.  Andrew Peterson
10.  Tyrone Wells

From the beginning of this school year

1.  Sanctus Real
2.  Escape Key
3.  Blue October
4.  Josh Garrels
5.  Gungor
6.  Vienna Teng
7.  Libera
8.  Aaron Shust
9.  Casting Crowns
10.  Jars of Clay

Currently

1.  Chris Rice (Untitled Hymn)
2.  Sara Groves (Open My Hands, Eyes on the Prize)
3.  Mumford & Sons (Babel... the entire album!)
4.  Sanctus Real (I'll Show You How to Live)
5.  Blue October (Calling You, Picking Up the Pieces)
6.  Aaron Shust (Take Over... again, the entire album)
7.  Escape Key (Girl That's Never Been, Mal's Song)
8.  Josh Garrels  (Love & War & the Sea In Between... entire album)
9.  Gungor (Ghosts Upon the Earth album)
10.  Miley Cyrus (7 Things.  Because this song best describes how I feel about teaching and my students most days.)

Any new recommendations?

3 comments:

  1. thank you for this list. Lots of new stuff for me to consider. :) I am surprised there's a Shust we don't have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine Dragons! "It's Time" and "Radioactive."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burlap To Cashmere's 2011 album (titled Burlap To Cashmere)...

    ReplyDelete