Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Haerbin pictures

Hopefully this will work.  :)

These are totally unedited.  In some cases, that's a good thing... in others, they could use it.  The truth is that I'm not terribly motivated to take my hands out of my pockets or to compose good pictures when it's -10 or -20 or whatever it was.  

The buildings at the Ice Festival were incredible -- built of huge chunks of ice and made for people to walk in and on, slide down, etc -- I felt like I had fallen into a special edition Lego set.  

The ice carvings were hard to get good pictures of; the one that I've included is the one that I thought was most astounding and beautiful.  

The churches are Saint Sophia (now sort of a museum) and a Lutheran church that has been in Haerbin since 1914.  



--
overcome evil with good

1 comment:

  1. thank you for risking your fingers taking some photos for me to look at while the heat is on here. :)

    they are incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete