Saturday, January 5, 2013

To Market, to Market...

I had been saying that I needed to buy groceries for a while, but when I was nearly out of flour and eggs and garlic, it was definitely time.  

Melissa and I set off for the Red and Yellow Market.  I'm sure that it has another name... but we tend to name places for what they look like... or what we can buy there.... or some random association...

We took backpacks and kuai.  Fortunately Mel took some extra bags too.  

I think I spent around $25 dollars.

And now I can make food!

Samples  of (re)named places:
The Egyptian Restaurant (in Beijing, a Chinese restaurant with Egypt-themed paper)
The Restaurant with the Stairs (in Beijing... a restaurant... with stairs.)
The Red and Yellow Market (the sign is red with yellow characters)
The Meat Market (it's a good place to buy meat... but also sells vegetables, blankets, clothes, paper, snacks... pretty much everything...)
The Blue Underground Restaurant (in Xiamen... blue awning and you go down some steps to get there)
The Alice-in-Wonderland Grocery Story (a market in JiangShan)

No comments:

Post a Comment