Monday, January 14, 2013

Break Report

This is going to be a lot of randomness.

I'm sitting in Danielle's apartment, watching her rabbit Zorro, who wants to eat the plaster from the walls or chew through electrical cords rather eat the food that I gave him or come cuddle with me on the couch.  Taking care of this bunny is like a crazy black market operation with all of the people who are responsible for feeding/watching him, knowing who needs to have the key when, etc etc etc.  

It was made a little bit more epic by us breaking a key in the lock of her apartment the first night.

Most of the people from my team (and the other team at our school) have left for traveling before we all have a conference.  It's strange to have just a few of us left at the school.  Today we went and explored the Eurasia Shopping Mall, which is a ridiculously HUGE mall in Changchun.  RIDICULOUS.  Emily, Jonathan and I walked down a very long hallway in it only to discover a massive indoor amusement park for children/arcade room and then realized that maybe we were out of our depth and just gawked for the remainder of the trip.

Depreena, Sydney and I made a trip to Haerbin last weekend to see the Ice Festival.  It was incredible -- quite pricey, as admission is 300 kuai (almost $50) -- but really amazing.  I took a bunch of pictures but I'm not sure where my camera cord is... so... feel free to google the event to find some stock pictures.  I'd recommend going if you are ever in the area... and wearing as many layers of clothes as is feasible.  And taking along hand warmers.  And toe warmers.  ^_^

Speaking of which, Changchun is quite a cold place to live... I was re-realizing that today when I found that the between two and four layers of clothing I was wearing was nowhere nearly enough.... and that I had forgotten my hat at home.  

Also we laugh at the fact that somehow, three of us with Raynaud's ended up living in Changchun.  :D

In a few days I'll be traveling too, heading to Taiyuan and Xi'an and Lijiang... and then to Thailand.

What I'm most excited about may be a draw between being warm and seeing friends.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment