Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Same Same... But Different

So a lot of people have done posts about things that are strange about being back in the US.  However... here are a few things that are weird to me.

Drinking water from the tap.
Flushing paper in the toilet.
How clean everything is... especially the floors at the grocery store... I bet you could eat off of it.
Traffic.  There's so little of it... and I'm pretty sure drivers would freak out if I meandered halfway across the road.
Everything is in English.
There are so many people who I know!  It's kinda crazy....

I miss my students and friends from China and my teammates.  I skyped with Hilary and G and called Danielle and keep sending ridiculous messages to Simon on wechat.

It's awesome to see my family again and to run into friends and get to hear about what they've been up to this past year.

One thing I don't have to miss is the quotes.  ^_^

Ib, flipping through my notebook:  "Hannah, I've been trying to crack your code for months."
me:  "Ib, that isn't a code.  It's Hebrew."
Ib:  "I KNOW THAT.  I meant the Elvish."

No comments:

Post a Comment