Monday, July 8, 2013

Let's go to Gulangyu first.

We text each other with these plans like it's a normal thing, as if we haven't been separated by more than a year and a half, by thousands of miles of distance. Like this is any vacation and of course we'll meet up and hang out.

It just amazes me to be able to say it: I'm waiting for Jill's bus. Waiting for the little sister I said goodbye to in December 2011, both of us crying so hard, not knowing if we'd see each other again.

And then I couldn't get China out of my head, couldn't get her out of my heart, and came back.

So now I'm waiting for her bus.

And thanking the Giver of all good gifts.

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you, my dear. I hope you've had a lovely time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I was thinking about how it's been just a few days over a year since you were here at our house.

    And oddly enough, I'm not even thinking "where did all of the days go to?" I used them up thoroughly, and they were good. I hope you feel the same way about the time that has been in between.

    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete