Thursday, November 1, 2012

Say Who?

Sometimes I stray from the lesson plan intentionally. 

Class 7 is one of my favorite classes.  They're extremely motivated and generally well disciplined, which makes them a joy to work with.  I'm consistently able to challenge them a little more than most of my classes and push them to go further. 

Yesterday I realized that they didn't know each other's English names well, and since they were flying through the material and we were going to have some extra time anyway, we took a three or four minute "break" in the middle of class to discuss names and play a fast name game. 

And no wonder they were having problems with names!  This class of 37 has Kristina-with-a-K, Christina-with-a-C, Krystal, and Cris.

Does the fun end there?  Oh no, of course not.  Actually, those four aren't even where we run into most of the problems!

The more serious issues arise when we get to Tyler, Kyla, and Keeler.

And then I threw in the trump card.  "Keeler is my family name.  My first name is Hannah..." and one of the girls in that class is another Hanna.

The good news:  they pay a lot of attention to eye contact!

break time... it seemed like Rusell intended to take full advantage of that!

1 comment: