Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thursday Student Stories

(actually, one story from Wednesday first...)
me:  "Will, what are you thankful for?"
Will:  "My mother!"
me:  "Okay, what else?"
Will:  "My father!"
me:  "What else?  Try to--"
Will:  "My uncle!"
me:  "Um..."
Will:  "My aunt!"
Phoenix:  "So basically his family... Will, just say FAMILY and think of something else!"
me:  "Yeah, think of something besides family --"
Will:  "MY COUSIN!!!!"
me:  *facepalm*  *walks off to check on someone else*

~~~~~

[from class 6]
me:  "Luther, where's Jean?"
Luther:  *thinks about this*  "He went home!  Because his... grandfather is...."
me:  *expecting something morbid/serious as Luther tried to think of the words*
Luther:  "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"
me:  *laughing*  "Okay... so where's Talent?"

~~~
[from class 7, pre-class]
Jones:  "Keeler!  We are very sorry!"
me:  *confused*
Jones:  "Last week, you had the party... but we thought it was this week... so we did not come... we were very sad..."
me:  "Oh, I am sad too... but it is alright..."
Jones:  "So we want to have a party with you again sometime!"
me:  "Oh, maybe!"

...

some of the girls who did come:  "We had so much fun!"
me:  "I had so much fun too!"
them:  "We want to cook for you!"
me:  "Uh... I thought all that you could cook was eggs and rice!"
them:  *laughing*  "No, we want to make dumplings for you!  We will make them, you don't have to do anything!"
me:  "That would be fun!  We'll have to do that sometime."
them:  "How about Saturday?"
me:  *thinking... that could possibly work... wait no*  "I'm sorry, this week is really crazy, but we'll find another time."
them:  "Whenever you are free, call us!"

...
[during class, as I am walking around the room]

Vingo:  "So... are you busy on Saturday?"
me:  "Yeah, I am."
Vingo:  "Oh, we want to come cook at your apartment."
me:  "That is what your classmates were telling me..."
Vingo:  "How about next Saturday?"
me:  "Hmm... maybe... I'll check and get back to you..."

...

one of the guys:  "We will all come next time!"
me:  "Cool!  ...but my apartment will be really crowded!"
him:  "Yes... that's okay, we will ALL come!!"
me:  "Okay... awesome."

...

[after class, as we walked to the dining hall]
one of the girls:  "Keeler, do you have a knife?"
me:  "Yes..."
her:  "Do you cook in your apartment often?"
me:  "Yes... well, on the weekend --"
her:  "So you have salt?"
me:  "Yes..."
them:  "Okay, so we don't have to buy salt."

...

Any guesses about what will be happening in my apartment next Saturday?

~~~

[in class 8]

me:  "Wisdom!"
Wisdom:  *bouncing to his feet*  "Yes!!"
me:  "What do you want to achieve in life?"
Wisdom:  "SAVE THE WORLD!!!!!!"

....

me:  *checking on a group that was putting the story of Thanksgiving in order*  "No, the numbers are wrong... you have to read it and figure out what order it should go in.  It's like a puzzle."
Sky:  *very forlornly*  "Why do you puzzle me?"
me:  "To make you think!"
Sky:  *unhappily*  "We don't want to think..."
me:  "You're students, it's your job to think!"

~~~~

I love them.

1 comment: