Thursday, August 2, 2012

Today, I had hot bubble milk tea.

And I was very happy.

So, where to begin? It's crazy to be back. Less than eight months ago I was leaving and thinking that I had no idea when I'd ever return to China, if I'd ever return, and figuring that it would be years at least.

Haha. As my sister Abbie would say, "Shows what you know!"

This was our second day in Beijing. We're obviously very busy – this morning we had classes and went over tons of random info, then in the afternoon we broke up into our teams and went exploring BJ. It is surreal to not only be back in China, but to be seeing places that I went with my CSP group in the fall. Such as the tiny chopstick shop which Kerby and I visited in Wangfujing. (I did not try scorpion today, either... Rachel is still beating me on the bravery scale. Maybe I'll get to it this month. Maybe.)

Relations at this point kind of feel like going on an awkward first date; everyone is trying to make a good impression on everyone else, and get to know everyone else, and so forth... all at once. When there's 43 of us coming in as new teachers, plus all of our team leaders, plus all of everyone else... that is a lot of headache.

Overall though, it is phenomenal to be back and I am so, so thankful to have this opportunity.

Coming up soon: introductions to my team. ^_^

1 comment: