Thursday, August 30, 2012

:)

It's been a while since I blogged, I realize.

It hasn't been for lack of material. If anything, I have way more material than I can use. Every time I think about blogging, my thought process goes something like this.

I said I was going to blog about my team. Hmm... I don't have picures of all of them yet.

I should blog about how we packed up and left Beijing to come to Changchun.

 

I should take pictures of my apartment and post them. (My apartment at HuaQiao is beginning to look like I actually live here, which is awesome. I've also mopped all of the floors now, which is also awesome. I'm not sure what was on the porch, but I think it was a combination of fallen plaster and mold and dust. It was pretty gross.)

I should post pictures of my campus! 
(It's beautiful.  It reminds me of XiaDa.  That is the view from my bedroom window.)

I should write about what classes I'll be teaching! (Eight classes, all sophomores, all oral English – I should have between 200 and 250 students.)

I could write about things that drive me crazy. (This idea generally gets scrapped because overall, I love China and I love being here.

I could write about things that are making me happy right now.

That is what I'm going to do, because there's a long list of them.

My entire team is here.
Everything is sunshiney and beautiful; the rain from the typhoon washed out the atmosphere quite thoroughly.
I went in one day from having no internet to having wireless internet.
My apartment is clean right now.
I turned in my first lesson plan.
I get to eat real Chinese food. All the time.
Danielle made us an incredible dinner last night.
My schedule is sort of kind of worked out.
Music. (And the fact that you can legally download music in China that you can't in the US.)
Awesome friends.
Text messaging.
2 Cor 6:3-10.
Super Foreign Affairs Officers, who help us handle everything from getting residence permits to getting water to fixing broken faucet handles. These men are amazing.
Did I mention that I'm in CHINA???
Teammates who not only put up with the quote list, but enjoy it.
Getting to ride in a bong bong che, also known as a “tricycle car” with Mel yesterday.
The abundance of patience and graciousness that's been shown by many people as we all acclimate to a new setting.
Plans to go to Walmart tomorrow.
Going to a coffee shop yesterday.
The ipod touch. It's such a useful tool.
Coatracks.
Colorful umbrellas.
Laughing about everything.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear things are moving and generally quite good. Jia you!

    ReplyDelete