Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kids

I hear bits and pieces from my students and China friends this summer.  I'm increasingly grateful for internet, that makes this keeping-in-touch possible.

Alicia is in Sri Lanka with many stories and promises to give me the full report once she's home.

Emma's mother has been diagnosed with cancer.

Simon tells me about what food his family has been making, about tutoring a kid in English, about all kinds of other pieces of his life.

Grant spent a while teaching and found that he loved it.

Victor is back at school already.

Bridge has been traveling.  When they arrived somewhere that her phone worked, I woke up to quite a few messages from her.

I miss them, and when I look at their class pictures, I miss even more of them!  In a few weeks, they should all be back at school, beginning their junior year.  Please keep them and their new teachers in mind.

Marketing -- my craziest (and probably most fun) class 

Charles, who has decided to go to grad school in two years 

Mom, Jill and me!

I need to write a last newsletter, but I'm not sure yet what to write about, how to wrap up a year full of so many stories in a way that honors it and still leaves space for how much is ongoing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment