Thursday, September 12, 2013

Surprise!

There were a lot of things about being a teacher that I didn't expect.

On Tuesday, I suddenly had a lot of messages on qq.

"Happy Teachers' Day," said my student Tmac.  One of the girls who I studied with sent me a similar message with a picture of a rose.  Chelsea, who I haven't heard from in ages, sent this:  "Hello, hannh, today is teachers' day.  Good luck to you." My student Emma sent me an e-card.

I felt a little overwhelmed.

Sometimes I miss them a lot.  Mostly though, I'm grateful to still be involved in parts of their lives, that so many of them are willing to take the time and effort to stay in touch and let me know what's happening with them.

Tmac... in our non "Titanic" pose picture.  Trust me.  It's better this way.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment